Thursday, March 5, 2009

Leva Cappuccino Bar

11053 - 86 Ave.
Edmonton, AB
(780) 433-5382

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful, quaint, and contemporary little heaven close to the University of Alberta. I love this place. The interior design is beautiful and the concept is great. The design is posh and clean. The food is delicious there. Speechless! Pizzas are amazing and homemade. Gelato to die for! Antipasti and the hot and cold paninis are innovative and excellent. This very modern cafe has great personality and offers something to everyone that walks in. Leva is very open and gives off a friendly vibe.

The food is amazing and affordable. Pizzas run 12-14 I believe and sandwiches are around 10-12 bucks. They have great deals, and daily specials...makes for great lunches and snacks. I do believe they close early, around 6-7pm, and cater only to the lunch crowd and the daily morning commuters. It's great!

The staff are friendly and they offer everything that you would want at a small diner or a coffee shop. I love it. The only thing that I was hesistant about was the method of payment. They only take cash, which I have no problem with...that's the true European style. I guess in North America you think about the different ways you can dish out your earnings; debit, credit card, cheque. Nonetheless, the place is awesome! In the summers they open up the "patio" so you can enjoy the sun and a nice scoop of gelato!

Not much of a view I think, considering it's smack dab in the middle of high rise residenses and old houses. Of course, that wasn't there intention. The University area is beautiful and the character homes do add to the ambience of Leva.

Leva even has flavoured water with fresh fruit. It is so refreshing. Honestly, one of the best cafes I have ever been to in the world.

Peas - OOOOO
Carrots - IIIII

No comments:

Post a Comment